There is no additional funding for tuition fees.
2) accident and health insurance; if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
3) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
4) Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Eligible for application are students,
- who are descendants of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers
Applications are accepted for master degree programmes in the field of international relations which directly entitle the graduate to study in a doctoral/PhD programme at a post-secondary educational institution. An additional requirement is that the graduation of the studies that led to the acceptance to the Master/Diploma Programme was not done in Austria.
For special requirements for studying at the Diplomatic Academy Vienna, click here.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six month before taking up the grant. Exempted are applicants who have successfully completed the Diploma Programme of the Diplomatic Academy (DA) of Vienna and are accepted for the second year of the MAIS (Master of International Studies) programme.
Age limit: 35
years ( born on or after March 1, 1982)
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV
- two letters of recommendation, that confirm the necessity of the stay in Austria and provide information about the scientific qualification of the applicant. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the Institution / university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application.
- scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- confirmation of Admission/acceptance or the application for Admission/acceptance. Without a confirmation of admission the scholarship cannot be awarded.
- for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
The selection is made by the Scholarship Council in regard to the following selection criteria:
- formal check (through the OeAD-GmbH)
- Why do you want to study in Austria?
- Why do you have chosen this master study programme?
- What do you plan to do within your master studies?
- Which lectures do you intend to visit?
- Is your planned study visit connected with your professional goal?
All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even in the case of the fulfilment of all the requirements there is no legal claim to the award of the scholarship.
As for article 1 of the Austrian Data Protection Act, BGBl. Nr. 165/1999 in the present version, the applicant is aware of the fact and fully agrees that personal data contained in the application and its enclosures may be forwarded to the authority processing the scholarship, the contracting parties, the Austrian Foreign Ministry and other granting authorities for statistical purposes and in order to ensure that the application can be processed properly.
Applications that are incomplete or do not meet the requirements cannot be taken into consideration.
The scholarship must be repaid in full, if it was obtained under false pretenses, or if any other grant offered on www.grants.at was obtained for the same time period as this scholarship
An award in the same scholarship programme is only possible once. A sole exception is a once-only extension of 10 months in case of a successful study progress and a duration of the master studies of 2 years.