Human Medicine, Health Sciences
Supplementary grant, own funds are required!
1) Monthly grant rate 940 EUR
2) Accident and health insurance, accommodation
a) If necessary, the OeAD-GmbH will take out an accident and health insurance on behalf of the grant recipient.
b) The OeAD-GmbH will endeavour to provide accommodation (student hall of residence or flat) for recipients of grants who wish to get accommodation arranged by the OeAD. Monthly costs: 220 EUR to 470 EUR . For accommodation arranged by the OeAD-GmbH an administration fee of 18 EUR per month is payable. The costs for insurance and accommodation have to be paid out of the grant by the recipient of the grant.
3) Recipients of grants are exempted from paying tuition fees.
4) Recipients of grants from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of 730 EUR maximum.
The new version of the announcement with updated information and regulations will be published probably in September 2016. The next call for applications is expected for October 2016
Eligible for application are students who
a) are studying a master Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin or
b) are studying a Bachelor Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin and have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant.
Maximum age: 35 years (born on or after October 1st, 1980).
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
A grant can only be consumed once in the frame of this programme.
Proficiency in the language of instruction (German or English), particularly in the respective subject area, is a prerequisite.
The scholarship will only be granted for study projects that can be completed within the scholarship period (max. 10 months).
Applicants have to be accepted as exchange scholars or free movers from an Austrian University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule). The confirmation of acceptance as an exchange student or free mover has to be enclosed with the application. (Therefore please contact the University of Applied Sciences of your choice in time.)
For more information regarding study programmes at the Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) please access http://www.fachhochschulen.ac.at/. The topics of the study programmes can roughly be summarized as follows: "Economics/Business", "Tourism", "Economics and Technology", "Technology/Biotechnology", "Media and Design" as well as "Health and Social Matters".
The following documents have to be uploaded with the online application at www.scholarships.at:
• Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they must contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must not be older than six months at the time of application.
• Confirmation of the home university that the exams passed in Austria will be recognized by the home university (e.g. a learning agreement).
• Confirmation of acceptance as an exchange student or free mover from the University of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschule).
• Scan of your passport (page with the name and photo).
• Scan of a current Transcript of Records.
Proof of the successful course of your studies in Austria
Scholarship holders have to pass exams corresponding to at least 15 ECTS credits per semester. If the scholarship has been awarded for a period that is longer than one semester, the scholarship will only continue if at least 15 ECTS credits have been gained in the first semester. Proof of this has to be provided by March 15th, 2017. If less than 15 ECTS credits are gained, the scholarships automatically ends at the end of March 2017.
• Grants are only awarded for studies at universities of applied sciences (Fachhochschulen) where the majority of the costs for the study place is borne by the Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW).
• The selection process for all grants for Austria is competitive, i.e. there is no legal claim to a grant even if all application requirements are fulfilled.
• Applicants should take into consideration § 1 of the Data Protection Act, Federal Law Gazette of the Republic of Austria No. 165/1999, as amended, that the personal details contained in the application will be passed on to the authority dealing with their application, the contractual partners, the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs and in the exchange as well as to other authorities awarding grants in Austria and will expressly agree with that.
Every scholarship holder is obliged to prove that the scholarship was used in an appropriate manner by submitting a final report at the responsible OeAD Regional Office at the end of the scholarship stay.
The selection process consists of the following stages:
1. Examination of the formal requirements
2. Examination of the application's general plausibility
3. Assessment and evaluation of the application by experts
4. Final decision by the BMWFW
The experts examine and assess the applications according to the following criteria:
• Why do you want to study in Austria?
• Why have you chosen this university of applied sciences?
• What exactly do you want to do during your study period in Austria?
• Which courses do you want to attend?
• Are your planned studies related to your planned future career?
• Prior studying history (duration and grades).
The recipients of grants will get the grant contract (Letter of Award and Letter of Acceptance) from the OeAD-GmbH/ICM. The contract covers the following aspects: Start and end dates of the grant; monthly grant rate; grant payment modalities (including a possible travel cost subsidy); compulsory presence at the place of study; performance record; data protection; repayment requirements.
Details see: www.oead.at/scholars
Federal Ministries Act 1986 (Federal Law Gazette No. 76/1986), date of the version: March 1st, 2014
Federal Finance Act 2016
Individual funding according to Sect. 2 Z.3 ARR 2014 (Federal Law Gazette II No. 208/2014)
Decree GZ BMWFW-41.906/5-WF/V/7/2015
Contact at the OeAD-GmbH:
Mr. Michael Schedl (e-mail: email@example.com)